The Bourne Again SHell (Bash) is a powerful command-line shell interface that lets you communicate directly with the kernel at the heart of a computer s operating system for total control. Bash is the default shell for Unix-based operating systems Linux, Mac OS X, and Raspbian on Raspberry Pi devices, and is also available to Windows users on the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL).
This book will show you how to use the Bash command-line interface and how to employ Bash's programming abilities. Complete examples illustrate each aspect with colorized source code and full-color screenshots depict the actual output.
Bash in easy steps begins by demonstrating Bash commands for system navigation and file manipulation so you will quickly become familiar with the command-line interface. It explains all the BASH basics before moving on to describe advanced features such as command history, command-line editing, and environment customization. The book then introduces Bash programming with examples of flow control, command switches, input/output, and debugging - allowing you to create your own executable programs by copying the examples.
Bash in easy steps has an easy-to-follow style that will appeal to:
- Users who are completely new to Unix-based operating systems
- Casual users who wish to expand their knowledge of their computer system
- Those who would like to learn coding skills by writing useful shell scripts
- The student who is studying programming at school or college
- Those seeking a career in computing and need a fundamental understanding of the BASH interpreter on Unix-based operating systems
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.