Privacy & Cookies Policy
We recommend that you print a copy of this Cookies Policy for your records.
- About cookies
- Types of cookies used
- Essential cookies
- Functional cookies
- Analytical or performance cookies
- Targeting cookies
- Third party cookies
- Web Beacons
- FaceBook Pixel
- How to accept or reject cookies
- Copyright, credit and logo
Cookies are data files that are sent between web servers and web browsers, processor memory or hard drives (clients) to recognise a particular user’s device when the user accesses a website. They are used for a range of different purposes, such as customising a website for a particular user, helping a user navigate a website, improving that user’s website experience, and storing that user’s preferences and login information.
Cookies can be classified as either ‘session’ or ‘persistent’ cookies. Session cookies are placed on your browser when you access a website and last for as long as you keep your browser open. They expire when you close your browser.
Persistent cookies are placed on your computer when you access a website and expire at a fixed point in time or if you manually delete them from your browser, whichever occurs first.
Cookies will be set either by our website domain or by third party domains on our behalf. Cookies set by us on our website domain are referred to as ‘first party’ cookies. Cookies set by third party domains or set on or via our website domain on behalf of third parties are referred to as ‘third party’ cookies.
Cookies do not usually contain personal information. Cookies may, however, be used in combination with other information to identify you.
We use first party and third party cookies on our website, and both session and persistent cookies.
If you require further information about cookies in general, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Types of cookies used:
We use the following types of cookies on our website:
These are cookies which are necessary in order for us to run our website and its essential functions. We use essential cookies for the following purposes on our website:
- to administer our website.
- to ensure our website functions properly when you interact with it.
- for storing information about your shopping cart and the items you have placed in it.
- for processing payments for goods and services you purchase on or via our website.
- for logging into password protected areas or accessing other secure areas of our website.
- for remembering information you have inserted in a form on our website.
These are cookies that store information about your preferences and your previous interactions with our website, and recognise you whenever you return to a website, in order to improve your website experience and personalise it for you. We use functional cookies for the following purposes on our website:
- to recognise you when you return to our website.
- to improve your experience of our website.
- to recognise the type of browsing device you are using, including your browser and browser settings, for the purpose of displaying our website to you in an appropriate format.
- to remember the language in which to display our website to you.
- to remember your preferences regarding our website’s appearance.
- for the purpose of providing our live chat service.
- for the purpose of providing our contact form enquiry service.
- to recognise when you watch videos on our website and which videos you watch.
- to recognise when you comment on our blog.
Analytical or performance cookies
Analytical cookies track and gather data about what a user does on a website. We use analytical cookies for the following purposes on our website:
- to analyse users’ access to and use of our website and its features.
- to improve our website, including its usability, functionality, content and user experience.
The information we collect using analytical cookies is collected on an anonymised basis.
Targeting cookies record information about your visit to and use of our website, for advertising purposes. We use the targeting cookies for the following purposes on our website:
- to display advertisements to you based on your interests and to measure their effectiveness.
- to track whether you have come to us via an advertisement we have placed on a search engine results page or another website and to record information relating to how you came to us such as your geographical location when you accessed our website, the time of day you visited and the device you were using.
- to remarket advertisements to you on other websites you visit.
Third party cookies
We and any marketing companies we use also embed web beacons[in our marketing emails and/or on our website. Web beacons are small GIF image files which enable us to track your receipt of our marketing emails, how often you view our adverts or website pages, your location, IP address and browser information. Web beacons are activated whenever you open a marketing email or access a page on our website which contains a web beacon. Web beacons transmit data when you view them but are not capable of accessing any other information on your computer. Web beacons are not stored on your hard drive unless you download a GIF image containing them. Some (but not all) browsers enable you to restrict the use of web beacons by either preventing them from sending information back to their source for example, when you choose browser settings that block cookies and trackers, or by not accessing the images containing them for example, if you select a ‘do not display images in emails setting in your email server.
We use Facebook Pixel on our website. Facebook Pixel is a tracking code which allows us to track and monitor the success of advertisements we use on Facebook and to improve the effectiveness of those advertisements by recording information such as the device you used to access our website and the actions you took on our website. We may also use Facebook Pixel to create retargeting advertisements and custom audiences for our advertisements on Facebook and on our website.
Facebook aggregates data gathered from our use of Facebook Pixel on our website with data it gathers from other sources, in order to improve and target advertisements displayed on its website or via its services, to improve its systems and to provide measurement services to third parties which use Facebook’s advertising services.
Depending on your geographical location, you may be able to block Facebook Pixel by visiting http://www.youronlinechoices.com, selecting your country, clicking ‘Your Ad Choices’, then locating Facebook and selecting the ‘Off’ option.
How to accept or reject cookies
The easiest way to accept or reject some or all cookies used by a website is to adjust your browser settings. If you do not know how to do this, the links below set out information about how to change your browser settings for some of the most commonly used web browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-browsing-search-download-history-firefox?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Clear+Recent+History
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/278835/how-to-delete-cookie-files-in-internet-explorer
- Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042?locale=en_US
Some browsers, such as Chrome and Firefox, allow you to change your settings to browse in ‘incognito’ mode, limiting the amount of data placed on your machine and automatically deleting any persistent cookies placed on your device when you finish your browsing session. There are also third party applications which you can add to your browser to block or manage cookies.
You can opt out of Google Analytics tracking by visiting http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
You are welcome to block the use of some or all of the cookies we use on our website. However, please be aware that doing so may impair our website and its functionality or may even render some or all of it unusable.
You can find more detailed information about cookies and adjusting your browser settings by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org
Books 4 People - The Peoples Book Store to Buy Discounted Books Online
Books 4 People is a High Discounted Bookstore where you can Buy Popular Books Online at low prices. There's a World of books to choose from such as: Children's Books, Range includes Baby Books (0-3), Books for Toddlers (3-5), Early Readers (5-7), Childrens Story books (7-11), Young Teens (11-14), Young Adults (14-16) and Childrens Educational Books. Our Adult Fiction Books, Range includes Classics Novels, Comic Books, Crime, Thriller, Mystery Novels, General Fiction, Horror, Romance, Science Fiction and War. Our Non-Fiction Range includes: Academic, Photography, Audio books, Business, Cook Books, Craft Books, Health and Fitness Books, Mind, Body, Spirit (Tarot). Visit Web: Books4people.co.uk - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Telephone 0116 2519123, Trade Catalogue: PDF - EXCEL - Trade Enquiries